Environmentally respectful transport
We are committed to long-term environmental work. Our operations also take into account the environmental objectives and requirements of our customers.
- We will increase the share of energy-efficient electrically driven traffic in rail freight transport.
- We will begin to use new energy-saving tractive stock in rail traffic and shunting yards.
- We will replace or modify wagons by utilising any reusable parts of old rolling stock.
- We will increase the size of freight trains and semi-trailer vehicles while reducing energy consumption and emissions.
- We will ensure that there will be no major leakages causing soil contamination when transporting hazardous substances.
- We will minimise empty journeys in road transport and favour engine types that reduce emissions.
More information on VR Group’s environmental pledges.
Read more on why trains are an energy-efficient mode of transport.